Welcome to the NY License Center
We are pleased to offer our citizens, businesses, and visitors access to government services online. We hope your experience with the NY License Center will be both efficient and convenient.
The NY License Center is a one-stop gateway allowing individuals and businesses to apply for and manage many of their professional, occupational, and recreational licenses in New York State. At this time, only an initial phase of licenses and permits are available through this online portal. See the complete list of the licenses and permits currently available here.
The goal of the NY License Center is to improve customer service to individuals and businesses in New York State by:
- Consolidating and streamlining access to license applications and information from multiple participating state agencies;
- Enabling applications, renewals, license updates, documents required by licensing agencies, and fees to be submitted securely online;
- Offering applicants and license holders more visibility into the licensing process;
- Displaying streamlined transaction statuses to track progress;
- Providing access to a consolidated call center for assistance with licensing questions.
Other benefits provided by the NY License Center include:
- Public access to information about license holders as subject to the Freedom of Information Law;
- The ability for public consumers to register complaints related to possible license violations;
- Resources for new business owners to get information and assistance with their licensing needs.
The NY License Center's system is not available during scheduled maintenance between 1:30 a.m. and 3:30 a.m. Customers are urged to return during regular hours to access applications and license details online.
Anyone may view the NY License Center's e-licensing system and access limited resources, but most functions of the system require that you be logged in. Please visit our FAQs for assistance registering for a NY.gov account.