Sign up for NY Lifetime Licenses to hunt, fish and enjoy New York State’s parks.
Lifetime Hunting License: $535
A lifetime hunting license allows you to hunt across millions of acres of majestic wild lands in New York while saving on the costs of an annual license.
Lifetime Fishing License: $460
A lifetime fishing license provides a lifetime of fishing on more than 70,000 miles of rivers and streams and more than 7,000 lakes and ponds while saving on the cost of an annual license.
Lifetime Parks License: $750
With no expiration date, buy the New Lifetime Empire Passport once, and enjoy the forests, the seashore, and the lakefronts in your state parks for years and years to come while saving on the cost of an annual license. Special Offer! Purchasers of the Lifetime Empire Passport may choose one of the following: a week of free camping, a round of golf, or a free $100 gift card. (restrictions apply)
New I LOVE NY Adventure License Plates
Sign up for any of these lifetime licenses this year and receive a free, custom I LOVE NY Adventure License Plate showcasing your passion for the outdoors.
Choose from one of nine plates featuring fishing, hunting and parks. Apply here to request your I LOVE NY Adventure License Plate.
How to apply for your I LOVE NY Adventure Custom License Plate:
- In order to be eligible, you must purchase a new lifetime sporting license or Parks Lifetime Empire Passport in 2014.
- Apply for your License Plate online at http://www.dmv.ny.gov/adventure.htm, and find instructions for applications by phone and mail.
Transform your NYS Drivers License into an all-purpose Sporting and Recreation License
If you have a lifetime recreation or sporting license, your New York State Driver License can now become an all-purpose boating, fishing, hunting and parks ID card. The new, convenient Adventure License simplifies your life and helps you to embark on your New York State outdoor adventure.
Add your Lifetime Sporting Licenses, Lifetime Empire Passport and Boater Safety Certificates to your NY State Driver License, as displayed here.
Proudly display your NYS Adventure License.
|Lifetime Sportsman (receives both icons)||Lifetime Small/Big Game|
|Lifetime Bow Hunting||Lifetime Trapping|
|Lifetime Muzzle Loading||Lifetime Fishing (Freshwater)|
|Boating Safety Certificate||Lifetime Empire Passport|
How to request your Adventure License:
- When you purchase your lifetime sporting license or complete your boating safety certification training, you can choose to have these “Adventure” icons added to your NY State Driver license and non-driver ID.
- You may choose to get your new DMV ID immediately, for a fee of $12.50 for a Driver License and $5.00 for a non-driver ID, or wait for your next license renewal at no charge.
- Those purchasing a Lifetime Empire Passport will automatically receive a new license at no cost.
How to request your Adventure License if you already have a Lifetime Sporting License or Safe Boating Certificate:
- If you already have a State-issued Lifetime Sporting License, you may login to the Online Sporting License Sales System and request a new driver license or non-driver ID with your lifetime sporting credentials.
- For boating certificates, download this form and mail to the Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation.
- Lifetime sporting license and safe boating certificate holders may also get the updated Driver License or non-driver ID by visiting a local DMV office and presenting their lifetime license/certificate and proof of identity. There is a $12.50 new document fee ($5.00 for a non-driver ID) unless you choose to wait for your renewal.