NY Lifetime Licenses are now available online to hunt, fish and enjoy New York State’s parks. Click below to purchase your lifetime license:
Lifetime Hunting License: $535
A lifetime hunting license allows you to hunt across millions of acres of majestic wild lands in New York while saving on the costs of an annual license.
Lifetime Fishing License: $460
A lifetime fishing license provides a lifetime of fishing on more than 70,000 miles of rivers and streams and more than 7,000 lakes and ponds while saving on the cost of an annual license.
Lifetime License (Hunting & Fishing): $765
A lifetime license allows you to hunt across millions of acres of majestic wild lands and fish on more than 70,000 miles of rivers and streams and more than 7,000 lakes and ponds in New York while saving on the cost of annual licenses.
Lifetime Parks License: $750
With no expiration date, buy the New Lifetime Empire Passport once, and enjoy the forests, the seashore, and the lakefronts in your state parks for years and years to come while saving on the cost of an annual license. Special Offer! Purchasers of the Lifetime Empire Passport will receive a $100 New York State Parks Gift Card as a bonus offering!
New: I LOVE NY Adventure License Plates
Both new and existing license holders can now show their passion for the outdoors by owning a custom I LOVE NY Adventure License Plate.
Holders of Lifetime licenses purchased in 2014 can obtain an Adventure Plate free of charge.
Choose from one of nine plates featuring fishing, hunting and parks. Apply here to request your I LOVE NY Adventure License Plate.
Please note: If you hold a sporting or recreational license purchased from DEC, you can choose any of the 6 I LOVE NY Hunting or Fishing plates. If you hold an Empire Passport from Parks, you may choose any of the 3 I LOVE NY Parks custom plates.
How to apply for your I LOVE NY Adventure Custom License Plate:
- Apply for your License Plate online at http://www.dmv.ny.gov/adventure.htm, and find instructions for applications by mail.
Transform your NYS Drivers License into an all-purpose Sporting and Recreation License
If you have a lifetime recreation or sporting license, your New York State Driver License can now become an all-purpose boating, fishing, hunting and parks ID card. The new, convenient Adventure License simplifies your life and helps you to embark on your New York State outdoor adventure.
Add your Lifetime Sporting Licenses, Lifetime Empire Passport and Boater Safety Certificates to your NY State Driver License, as displayed here.
Proudly display your NYS Adventure License.
|Lifetime License (receives both icons)||Lifetime Small/Big Game|
|Lifetime Bow Hunting||Lifetime Trapping|
|Lifetime Muzzle Loading||Lifetime Fishing (Freshwater)|
|Boating Safety Certificate||Lifetime Empire Passport|
How to request your Adventure License:
- When you purchase your lifetime sporting license or complete your boating safety certification training, you can choose to have these “Adventure” icons added to your NY State Driver license and non-driver ID.
- You may choose to get your new DMV ID immediately, for a fee of $12.50 for a Driver License and $5.00 for a non-driver ID, or wait for your next license renewal at no charge.
- Those purchasing a Lifetime Empire Passport will automatically receive a new license at no cost.
How to request your Adventure License if you already have a Lifetime Sporting License or Safe Boating Certificate:
- If you already have a State-issued Lifetime Sporting License, you may login to the Online Sporting License Sales System and request a new driver license or non-driver ID with your lifetime sporting credentials.
- For boating certificates, download this form and mail to the Office of Parks, Recreation and Historic Preservation.
- Lifetime sporting license and safe boating certificate holders may also get the updated Driver License or non-driver ID by visiting a local DMV office and presenting their lifetime license/certificate and proof of identity. There is a $12.50 new document fee ($5.00 for a non-driver ID) unless you choose to wait for your renewal.